Aug 1, 2018. | By: Dan Dennedy
Version 18.08.01 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This release primarily contains only bug fixes, which were strongly needed after
a few releases with major additions and changes:
- Added the timecode of failure to the Jobs panel when an export job fails
(makes locating problem areas in the project easier).
- Added an Unpremultiply Alpha video filter (handy to fix compositing for
video clips with an alpha channel that has had its color pre-multiplied with
- Fixed various crash regressions since v18.05.
- Fixed audio distortion during preview (regression in v18.07).
- Fixed custom Export presets broken if name contains parentheses
(regression in v18.07).
- Fixed Properties > Reverse… broken if numeric region setting uses comma
for decimal (regression in v18.07).
- Fixed Overlay HTML editor easily destroys default scripts (introduced in
- Fixed custom interlaced Export presets loading as progressive (regression
- Fixed Timeline > Copy Timeline to Source > Export fails on unsaved
- Fixed Text filter has aliased edges (regression in v18.07).
- Fixed Stabilize video filter not available on Linux (regression since v18.06).
- Fixed changing Speed in Properties breaks all filters on that clip
(regression since v18.05).
- Fixed Fade Out Video (and keyframes in general) broken on still images
whose in point is > 0 (regression since v18.03).
- Fixed accuracy of Properties > Duration for image clip on the timeline.
- Some fixes for changing Settings > Video Mode after starting a project.
- Fixed compositing of upper video tracks becomes broken if bottom video track
- Fixed images with alpha channel (e.g. PNG) on upper video tracks have dark
edges after compositing if the Size and Position or Rotate and Scale
filters are not used.