Dec 16, 2019.
Version 19.12 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This version makes the Timeline much more flexible. Previously, you could
only move a clip to a blank spot on the timeline, or the move operation would be
rejected and the clip would snap back to its original location. This is no
longer restricted, and you can move anywhere as if you were inserting or
overwriting with a new clip. Of course, you need to be more careful now! Also,
when using drag-n-drop to make a transition, previously you could not have a gap
in the timeline between the two clips. Now, you can drag over a gap and overlap
the clips to make the transition (but still only for neighboring clips on the
same track, by design.) These two improvements were needed to support the
ability to move multiple clips at once. We expect to include that in the first
version of 2020. Meanwhile, there were some important fixes to get out and
changes for people to adjust to.
- Added 3 new filters:
- Scan Lines video filter
- Noise Gate audio filter
- Added a new color gradient control to the following filters:
- Audio Light Visualization
- Audio Spectrum Visualization
- Audio Waveform Visualization
- Added View > Scopes > Video Zoom.
- Added Reverse checkbox to the Mask: From File filter.
- Added Remove Finished to the Jobs menu.
- Added Playlist > Update Thumbnails.
- Added Update Thumbnails to the timeline video clip menu.
- Added keyboard shortcut Shift+Escape to give the player
focus (take focus away from certain widgets).
- Added a Two Column Scroll template to the Text: HTML filter (convenient
for film-style credits).
- Fixed Scale animation not linear in the Rotate & Scale filter.
- Fixed audio crackles in first couple of seconds of export.
- Fixed Ctrl+A selects all in Playlist as well as Timeline.
- Fixed the size and position of the Text: HTML editor with Settings >
External Monitor enabled.
- Fixed drag-n-drop from Playlist to Timeline sometimes reorders the Playlist.
- Fixed Color Grading and Contrast creates a weird color after deleting
- Fixed updating
x265-params in Export > Other after making changes in Codec.
- Fixed opening another project in the same session breaks master track filters.
- Fixed saving a preset with a slash in the name.
- Fixed export fails if the system temporary directory is not writable.
- Fixed removing some temporary files on exit.
- Fixed the timeline Ripple All Tracks option was not saved with history
(before the current setting used during undo and redo).
- Fixed an image sequence in Export > From > Playlist may show “INVALID” on export.
- Fixed changing Properties (for example, image duration) not updating the Playlist.
- Fixed snapping to horizontal grid lines.
- Fixed Timeline clip context menu > Properties broken in v19.09.
- Fixed bad transitions created by trimming beyond media beginning or end.
- Fixed audio does not follow default device changes on Windows.
- Fixed changing the speed of the clip on the right side of a transition creates
- Fixed track filters were not restored when undoing a Remove Track.
- Changed the minimum of the Gain/Volume filter to -70 dB.
- Removed Settings > Deinterlacer > YADIF. (This was causing crashes, and
this option only affects preview, not export.)
- Changed the Timeline and Keyframes toolbars to respond to View >
- Added a limit to undo History configurable to new configuration key
undoLimit that defaults to 1000.
- Upgraded Mesa software OpenGL in Windows build to version 19.2.7.
- Upgraded SDL audio output library in Windows build to version 2.0.10.